Prakash Nair is an internationally recognized consultant in the areas of innovative schools and educational technology. He is the President of Fielding Nair International an award-winning school planning firm. Before that, Prakash worked as Director of Planning for a national firm serving various school districts in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida. Prakash also worked for ten years as Director of Operations for a multi-billion dollar school construction program for New York City. His many articles on designing schools that will endure well into the 21st century have been internationally published in print and on the Internet. He has also been interviewed several times in print, radio and television.
Prakash recently completed a project with the University of Wisconsin on a Rockefeller Foundation-funded grant (which he wrote) to apply world-class school planning and design principles in New Jersey’s school districts.
Prakash has been invited by governments, organizations and corporations as a keynote, featured and professional speaker on the subject of innovative schools and educational technology in 19 states and 10 countries on four continents.
- Prakash Nair is the winner of the coveted MacConnell Award for 2003, the world’s top honor for school planning and design. Altogether, his projects have won have won seven international awards: Reece Community High School in Tasmania, Australia, Millennium High School in New York City, Canning Vale High School in Perth, Western Australia; Pathways World School in New Delhi, India; TakingITGlobal - worldwide youth centers.
- New York City Urban Fellowship – Competitive award limited to 20 students nationwide.
- Distinguished Service Award 2001 and 2004, Council of Educational Facility Planners International.
- Summer Study Scholarship, Government of Norway.
- Valedictorian, Architectural Graduating Class of 1979, Hyderabad, India.
- Master of Urban Planning, City University of New York, 1982
- Master of Architecture, University of Illinois, 1980
- Master of Community and Regional Planning, Iowa State University, Graduate Coursework 1981.
- Licensed Architect, New York State since 1991
- Recognized Education Facilities Planner (REFP) since 1998
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES
PUBLICATIONS, CONSULTING and SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Articles on school planning and design published nationally and internationally including: Education Week, School Business Affairs, New England Board of Higher Education’s “Connection”, School Planning and Management, CEFPI’s Educational Facility Planner, School Construction News, OECD’s PEB Exchange (Paris), Florida Education Technology Corporation’s Connections, TASBO Report (Texas) and US Department of Education’s NCEF Digest
- Work published extensively on the Internet. See several articles at:
- School planning consulting, seminars/workshops and keynote addresses for (partial list): Council of Educational Facility Planners International, OECD (Paris) Programme on Education Building, US Department of Education, The American School Boards Association, IBM ThinkPad University, KnowledgeWorks Foundation, University of Wisconsin, the American Institute of Architects, The National School Boards Association, The National Academy Foundation, Armstrong Industries, HLW International, Ohio Schoolnet, The Ohio School Facilities Commission, The Education Law Center in NJ, The Public Education Institute at Rutgers University, Florida Educational Technology Corporation, Cutler-Orosi School District in California, Western Australia School Libraries Association, Ministry of Education, UAE, Association of Heads of Independent Schools of Australia, the Departments of Education in Tasmania, South Australia and Western Australia and the Ministry of Education in New Zealand.
Prakash Nair, REFP, President
Fielding Nair International
New York Office
110-31 72nd Drive | Forest Hills, NY 11375-5515
Tel: (718) 520-7318 | Fax: (718) 263-1635 | Mobile: (917) 406-3120